Monday, 7 August 2017

Hello...,It's Me!

http://orig10.deviantart.net/4104/f/2013/135/e/0/mlp_gakusei___rainbow_dash_by_fenrixion-d63rqhf.png

I was wondering after all these months you would like to catch up?... ;)

In my previous post I stated things really just weren't working out in my life and it triggered bad depression and my mental health struggles. Over the last few years with things falling apart there have been many times I've been at crawling pace with life... sometimes that's all I've been able to manage and at times not even that, other times I kept pushing forward and at points I was being far too harsh on myself and not giving myself credit and breaks. Through out this time I've felt really lost, was having suicidal thoughts, felt incapable of getting out of this dark hole and keeping myself in somewhat of a place of recovery with my eating disorder and self harm struggles has been painful- recovery is not a straight line nor is it perfect... same goes for life and I'm still working on how to cope with that and acknowledging issues and healing myself... which with such things is always multi-layered and takes a lot of time.

Self love and compassion kind of went out the window a bit... one of the reasons I'm so passionate about it is it can be so easy to lose yourself and lose sight of being kind and looking after yourself and ultimately why it's so important in the first place. I often write like my own mentor on here knowing that I need to hear such things and hoping that it helps and inspires others too.

After what has felt like a really squiggly line and a lot of hurdles I decided to return to study this time to study mental health and addiction in which I'm interested to see where my path with this leads. I'm still struggling with depression but I'm doing alright and just trying to work on getting myself in a better place and building myself back up. My blog for now will no longer have a schedule and I'll just be randomly updating (which sometimes may look like a schedule ha!) and catching up with you guys :)

How are all of you really doing? What happy, sad and exciting things have been happening with you?

Please always know you are never alone in the struggles of life, there are people out there who can help you and it can and does get better. I am with you on this journey too and thank you beautiful people for checking in to see if I was ok and letting me know I have you guys to talk to too, I appreciate it and you guys <3

With hope and love
Rainbow :) xoxo

2 comments:

  1. It's so great to have you back in the blogging world, Rainbow! I hope you're feeling better! <3 Like you said - struggles, let alone life, is never a straight line. One minute, things may be going smoothly and the next, you'll go all squiggly, like you said! In your case, it's amazing that you've been able to identify that you needed the time off for help and reflection. Nothing shows more strength than that!

    So much love to you, Rainbow! I look forward to your future posts :)

    -Lor
    acozyspace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! I'm really glad you could see the place you were in and gave yourself the time and space you needed to heal a little. There's nothing wrong with crawling! And I think not having a blog schedule will really help with taking pressure off yourself. Very interested to hear how the studying goes! X

    heart-autumn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete